Roadworks are proposed on Weston Hall Road between 6-8 September and on 15 September. Delays expected. Please visit one.network for up to date information.
There will be roadworks on Fakenham Road near Marl Hill Road. Traffic control (2 way signals) will be in place with delays likely.
For up to date information, please visit https://one.network/
Weston Longville Parish Council is looking to co-opt a new parish councillor to fill a vacancy. This is an exciting time to join and we would love to hear from you if you fit the following criteria and would like to make a real difference in your community. Please email the parish clerk ([email protected]) with a paragraph about yourself by Friday 3 September 2021 to put your name forward. Co-option will take place at the meeting on Monday 13 September 2021.
You should consider becoming a parish or town councillor if:
- You would like to do something positive for your community
- You would like to spend your time productively
- You can think, listen and act locally
To become a councillor, you must satisfy the following criteria on the day you are co-opted:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a British citizen, a qualifying citizen of a Commonwealth country, a citizen of the Irish Republic, or a citizen of another member state of the European Union
You must also meet at least one of the four following qualifications on the day you are co-opted:
- be registered as a local government elector for the local authority area in which you are standing
- have occupied as an owner or a tenant any land or premises in the local authority area in which you are standing during the whole of the 12 months before the day you are nominated
- have had your main or only place of work during the last 12 months in the local authority area in which you are standing
- have lived in the local authority area in which you are standing during the whole of the last 12 months
New business and mentoring capital funding programme has been launched, please click here for more information.
Roarr! Dinosaur Adventure would like to make residents aware of their forthcoming evening events on the following dates:
- 14th August – Dinos at Night (live music, dinosaur roars and a PA until 10.00pm)
- 29th August, SEN evening activity session (minimal sound, bottom part of park be closed, top of the park until 8.30pm)
- 8th – 31 October, PrimEvil, (screaming, chainsaws, as per previous years, but no fireworks this year, up to 11.00pm)
- 26th November – 23rd December Dippy’s Christmas Celebration (low volume music to 6:00pm – 9.00pm – as per the previous 5 years)
A notice of a casual vacancy for the position of Parish Councillor is detailed on the attached document.
If no call for an election is received, then the parish council will be able to co-opt a councillor after 5 August.
Notice of Casual Vacancy
In accordance with the provisions of Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act, 1984, the Norfolk County Council HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that owing to works to remove an overhanging and dead tree the use by vehicles of Morton Lane from its junction with Field Road for 100m northwards in the PARISH OF WESTON LONGVILLE will be temporarily prohibited from 6th to 10th July 2021 for the duration of the works, expected to be about 5 days within the period. If necessary the restriction could run for a maximum period of 21 days.
The person dealing with enquiries at NCC is Vinnie Purdy tel 0344 800 8020.
Please click here to see the Notice to see alternative route suggestion
The NCCSP develops a Community Safety Plan which sets out the priorities which partners will focus on. Having carried out an assessment of crime and community safety issues, the NCCSP has drafted a new three-year plan which proposes seven priorities.
The partnership now wants to hear from Norfolk residents whether they feel the priorities correctly reflect the issues which matter most to them. The consultation closes on 16 July.
For more information, please go to https://www.norfolk-pcc.gov.uk/police-and-crime-plan/working-in-partnership/community-safety/nccsp-strategic-plan-consultation/